Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Beck to go blind in a year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Beck to go blind in a year?

    Karma?

    Glenn Beck may be going blind.

    Beck, about midway through his keynote address Saturday during his American Revival tour, brought the topic of faith down to a personal level. The Fox News host tearfully told the Salt Lake City crowd of 6,000 that he?s recently been diagnosed with macular dystrophy, the Deseret News reported.

    Still, he injected a bit of humor in with the grim news. Beck said he wasn't really sure what "macular dystrophy" entailed. "Is that that Jerry Lewis thing "? telethon that he does?" Beck said. "Because I should have given more."

    He said a doctor told him he may or may not go blind in a year.

    "I said, 'Did you just charge me a thousand dollars for knowing what I already knew my whole life?'" he recalled. "I think we know that at 3! 'You might go blind someday. You might not.'"

    Jokes aside, Beck spoke of how his faith is getting him through the ordeal. Beck is Mormon.

    "I truly came to a place that is the greatest blessing," Beck said. "Lord, if you need my eyes, they're yours. They were yours the whole time anyway. Thank you for letting me see as long as I have. That's a blessing."

    Beck got choked up telling the crowd about how much he loves to read ? another heartfelt moment.

    And then with perfect comedic timing, he said, "I thought to myself in that time, 'I'm too darn lazy to learn Braille.'"

    Glenn Beck says he could go blind in a year - Yahoo! News

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beck to go blind in a year?

    That is a bit rude, don't you think? With the whole Karma comment?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beck to go blind in a year?

    Well I'm not wishing it on him, but if it does happen, I'd think something like karma would have something to do with it. While I don't wish it on him, it's terrible, I also have limited sympathy for him.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beck to go blind in a year?

    I would just hate to think that you would wish something like that on someone no matter how much you dislike their views on things. Glad to see you weren't I just wanted to make sure I understood the comment.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beck to go blind in a year?

    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo99 View Post
    That is a bit rude, don't you think? With the whole Karma comment?
    Not w/some of the crap this cat says.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beck to go blind in a year?

    I know that he (Beck) may say things that are not the best things to say but at the same time a lot of other people don't either. I am sure R13 has said some things on here no one likes but if he came on here and said that he was having some sort of health issue I wouldn't immediately put on there ~ Karma??. I cleared it with R13 and understood what he meant after he explained his comment.....

  7. #7
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beck to go blind in a year?

    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo99 View Post
    I know that he (Beck) may say things that are not the best things to say but at the same time a lot of other people don't either. I am sure R13 has said some things on here no one likes but if he came on here and said that he was having some sort of health issue I wouldn't immediately put on there ~ Karma??. I cleared it with R13 and understood what he meant after he explained his comment.....
    I hear ya. But R13 says those things you don't agree with on the LPD Board (limited audience) to share his viewpoints w/a few local people. Glenn Beck says these things just to get ratings and be popular to TV audiences daily on Fox News, and to numerous listeners daily on his radio show (widespread).

    That's where I delineate the need for the usage of "karma" in this situation. This dude is garbage, and if he were a left-winger saying the things he says I'd feel the exact same way. I'm not normally a hard person, but Beck is one of those dudes that deserves whatever he gets coming to him on down the road.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beck to go blind in a year?

    In other news, I just learned Beck is Mormon.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •